Find Library Materials
PLEASE READ before clicking on the banner above ...
Before requesting your Interlibrary loan:
- First check our catalogue to see if the title is available locally.
Interlibrary loans requests are available for books that are NOT available in Smithers or in one of the North Coast Library Federation (NCLF) libraries. You can see everything available in the NCLF in our catalogue. To borrow from within the NCLF, simply place a HOLD and the item will be shipped to Smithers Public Library for you to pick up.
- Please ensure you will be available to pick up the book when it arrives. You will receive a one call or email (whichever you have selected)when your item is ready for pickup. HOLDS are kept for 1 week. Interlibrary Loans are due back 3 weeks from the date we receiver them.
- Limit your Interlibrary Loan requests to 3 books only.
- Usually, only print material (books) are available through Interlibrary loan. A few libraries will send DVDs and CDs.
- We cannot request newly published books.
Interlibrary loans can be requested for books published over one year ago.
- See the help topics below to learn how to use the Interlibrary loan catalogue and submit your request.
- Ask staff for assistance if you have any questions.
- When ready, click on the banner above to request your book or ask Library staff to place the request for you...